Sunday, June 08, 2008

Breastfeeding during pregnancy.

Wow... 2 blogs in a day?... hhmmm...cant sleep- nose is congested ... Decide to research on something which I wanted to do long ago.

Breastfeeding during Pregnancy.

I received a lot of concern from family and friends re: me breastfeeding during pregnancy. Most are worried for my depleting health, priority should go to the baby in my womb, and I should wean Tristan off.

Once again, lucky for me that I have my sister in law as a role model. She continued nursing her first one ( then about 1 and half years ) while pregnant, and continue breastfeeding both till about 3-4 years of age. So being pregnant does not seem to be a good reason to stop breastfeeding.

But I didn't have knowledge to back me up, so I got swayed away... reducing breastfeeding and actually thinking of weaning. Actually I don't mind the weaning part, it's just that I wish the decision to wean is between me and Tristan rather than doing it because of external pressure. I prefer to let him lead the weaning off breastfeeding.

Breastfeeding is more than just a source of food and nutrition anymore, it's about the relationship and the bond between me and my son. I still want to continue to this relationship as long as we both want it.

Here are some interesting information that I found that really clear my doubts on whether it is safe to continue breastfeeding, whether is it ok, whether mother's or the health of the baby in the womb will be affected, and what nutrition should the nursing mother be aware of.
Kellymom: Nursing for two http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/index.html.

Nurtrition for Mom http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/04momnutrition.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin